
Amelia and I are loving watching "Fraggle Rock." She has fallen in love with these adorable creatures from of my favorite childhood shows.
I discovered Netflix has the DVDs available and was so excited. I loved this show when it came on HBO in the early 1980s. We didn't have cable at the time, so I had to wait to watch it when I went to my cousin Dee Dee's house that was equipped with satellite television. I am not talking about TV provided by one of the dinky roof-mounted satellites that proliferate the landscapes today. I am referring to the satellites from back in the day that looked as if a flying saucer had landed in the back yard.
Because my ability to watch "Fraggle Rock" was limited by how often I was able to visit Dee Dee, there are many of the shows I didn't get to see when they were first broadcast. Therefore, I am thrilled to be getting to watch some of the shows for the first time alongside Amelia and share with her the adventures of Gobo, Mokey, Red, Wembley and Boober.
It's so fun getting to enjoy these episodes with her, and I am loving that I am now able to catch the subtle, insiders-only jokes aimed at grown-ups. I also love that the shows explore complex issues of prejudice, spirituality, personal identity, environment and social conflict without getting too preachy.
"Dance your cares away. Worries for another day. Let the music play. Down at Fraggle Rock!"
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.