Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Confession session: Trying a new "diet"


Got on the scales today and they're still showing 239, which is a good thing. I'd rather stay where I am at than go up.

I've been struggling to stay out of the cookie jar and haven't done a great job keeping my food journal.

Over the course of the last week I've found myself thinking more about researching the lap-band procedure because I am fearful I don't have the wherewithal to do this on my own, and I am scared of the diabetes doing irreversible damage to my body or taking years off of my life.

I can't figure out a way to work exercise into my daily routine, but am contemplating tacking a pedometer to my belt loop like blogger buddy Sunny. By 3 p.m. yesterday, she'd already accumulated 12,000 steps, which is 2,000 more than Dr. Oz recommends. I am attracted to the idea of tracking my steps because it feeds my need for instant gratification and gives me a daily goal to work toward.

In the meantime, I've found a new "diet" that I know I will have no problem tackling. I read about losing weight while you sleep in the newest edition of Glamour magazine. Sleeping is one of my favorite things so following the recommendations outlined in this article should be simple for me. If you're interested in this new "diet," check it out at HERE.

2 comments:

  1. I agree. I like Sunny's idea. I need to dig out my pedometer. I know I am way under the 10,000 step mark! Don't be too hard on yourself. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My pedometer looks a touch dorky, but it keeps me on track. I'm about to check out that sleep diet. Sounds like a plan to me! Good luck with whatever you choose! =)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.