Our Christmas tree is still in the attic, but when we do get it down, which will probably be this weekend, these will be the first ornaments to go on it.
Every year since Amelia was born I've bought an ornament for her. I started doing the same for Lola after she came along. I try to make sure that each ornament represents something special that has happened in the girls' lives during the year.
Last year I got Lola a bear covered in bandages to mark her having had surgery and bought Amelia an ornament designed to look like a chalkboard to commemorate her beginning kindergarten. I went in a bit of a different direction, though, for this year.
Since I couldn't find a billboard-esque ornament and the ones I did find showing the loss of two front teeth were disappointing, I decided instead to order photo ornaments. I found these at www.christmasornaments.com where a multitude of options are available.
I love this tradition and hope my girls treasure each of their ornaments when they get older and put them on their own trees.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.