Lola had her six-month post-op check-up today at
Children's Hospital in Birmingham with Dr. John Grant III. He gave her a stellar report and said she doesn't have to come back for a year. Yay!!!!
I am thrilled with this news and so pleased with her progress since she had
surgery on April 29 for unicoronal
crainiosynostosis, which means the left coronal suture in her skull had fused too early and, thus, required surgical correction.
I snapped a few photos of Lola while we were waiting to see Dr. Grant, who, by the way, is a fabulous doctor should you ever be in need of a pediatric craniofacial plastic surgeon. Lola was getting antsy so I got out my camera in a bid to try to distract her for a few minutes.

Here she's playing "Where's Lola?," which is our version of peek-a-boo. It's her favorite game.

I bet she crawled 40 miles in that tiny exam room. She was tired so she fought her sleepiness by moving continuously.

After she'd explored every nook and cranny in the exam room, Lola turned her attention to the wheels on her stroller. They held her attention for a few seconds until she decided the cord to the otoscope was much more interesting. Of course, she completely ignored the bag full of toys I brought for her because they were all safe, clean and child-friendly.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.