Jeff, Lola and I accompanied the entire kindergarten today on a trip to
Down on the Farm corn maze and pumpkin patch in Rainsville.
The kids all had a blast, but were exhausted by the end of the day. In fact, Jeff, Lola and I had to leave early because Lola had her fill of farm life and wasn't about to tolerate another second of it.
I am so happy to have gotten to go on the field trip because I was able to see first hand just how much fun everyone had.

The giant blue combine that's had slides added to the front and back of it drew the kids to it like metal to a magnet.

Amelia thought it was fun to "milk" the pretend cow, but she said she's glad we don't have to do this everyday to get our milk.

The real cows captivated Amelia who could have petted these precious calves for hours. She also cracked up when they used their long tongues to reach through the fence to nibble on her jacket.

The goats also got lots of attention from Amelia who plied them with "greener" grass from the other side of the fence.

The snorts and grunts from the pigs proved hilarious to Lola who laughed every time they made the slightest noise. She also enjoyed it when momma managed to get the turkeys to "talk" to her. I never dreamed when my daddy taught me many years ago how to call a turkey that I'd one day use that skill to entertain my child.

The corn pit was the absolute favorite part of the trip for most of the kids. Amelia even let her classmates bury her in corn. She opted out of the merriment, though, when they got a little over-zealous and started covering her face.

Lola had fun in the corn pit too. Both girls had corn in their shoes and pants. I am still finding kernels of corn in the house after they fell out of the girls' pants.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.