Amelia, Lola and I enjoyed a super fun day Wednesday at the
Imagination Place children's hands-on exhibit. We met up with some wonderful friends and spent over two hours visiting and playing.

Amelia and her good buddy Duece played until they were exhausted. These kids met at preschool and have been friends since the moment they locked eyes on each other. In fact, Amelia likes him so much that she's told us more than once that she plans to marry him. Whether Duece is aware of her intentions is unknown at this juncture.

Duece's baby brother Cooper is a little over a month younger than Lola. We affectionately call him her "boyfriend," although after she pulled his hair hard enough to make him cry yesterday I doubt he'll be wanting to "date" her anymore.
While the babies played in a fenced play yard just for children younger than three, Hollie, Duece and Cooper's mom, and I enjoyed a very nice visit. She and I are alike in a lot of ways so there's a nice ease and level of comfort when we get together.

After the playdate ended, I took my girls to the mall for a snack and a spin on the carousel. Amelia has been begging to ride the carousel for a couple of weeks, so she was thrilled when I announced where we were going.

Lola got tickled watching Amelia ride the carousel. She has the most precious laugh. I could listen to her laugh all day.

We enjoyed cookies after eating at Chick-fil-A and then threw "wish money" in the fountain. (I keep pennies in my wallet just for such occasions.) Amelia couldn't resist riding the different transportation rides at the mall. She loved the new taxi cab they've installed, tore up the speedway in the race car and flew injured patients to the hospital in the helicopter. However, she was terribly disappointed she didn't get to tend her farm because the tractor wasn't working.
After visiting the bookstore to pick up a gift for a friend's birthday and allowing me time to browse my favorite store, we headed for home. Both girls were asleep before we were two blocks from the mall. I enjoyed the quiet ride home during which time I was able to listen to some tunes of my choosing on the radio.
All in all, it was a great day. I pray we can enjoy more days like these in the future.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.