Twelve years ago today I married my soul mate. I agreed to love, honor and cherish this man who I had fell head over heels for 10 years earlier. We got married in a very small ceremony in his parents' front yard that was presided over by his beloved grandfather, who's pictured with us in our wedding-day photo.
About 35 of our closet relatives joined us for this special day that was marked by beautiful weather and gorgeous flowers my mother and I had gotten up very early to pick from her big sister's garden and that my soon-to-be mother-in-law fashioned into bouquets for the occassion.
While the journey we've traveled these last 12 years hasn't always been filled with pure bliss, it has been remarkable in so many ways and marked by true, devoted love throughout. Jeff has been with me through the best of times - the births of our daughters - and the worst - the sudden death of my mother and Lola's cranial surgery when she was 10 months old. I know that together we can do anything. We are a strong unit, and I am proud we can provide that example for Amelia and Lola.
I have said it many times that he is the yin to my yang and my rock on which I lean when I can't find the strength to support myself. I cannot fathom my life without him and don't even want to consider where I would be in this world had we not married.
I fall more and more in love with Jeff the longer we are together and the more our roles change, and I cannot imagine having undertaken this journey with anyone else. We are in this for the long haul, and I am excited to see what lies ahead on this twisty-turny, bumpy, hilly road we're traveling.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.