Saturday, June 12, 2010

How would you like your eggs?

Amelia has loved to help in the kitchen since she was barely tall enough to see over the edge of the counter. She has helped make muffins, cakes, cornbread, cookies and lots of other good eats.
This morning she wanted to assist in making her eggs for breakfast. In the past I've let her help with all steps in the process except the actual cooking, but this morning I turned those duties over to her.
She did a fantastic job and reported her eggs were just right. They must have been good because she ate every last morsel of them - something that is rare for my picky 6-year-old.
Looks like she's well on the road to becoming quite an efficient kitchen assistant. Now, if I can just drive home the concept of cleaning as you go, then all will be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.