Thursday, December 3, 2009

The hanger and tag were a huge hit

The weather has turned cold here which has necessitated the purchase of a winter coat for Lola.

I bought a fancy two-in-one coat that has a super-puffy shell into which a fleece jacket with an insulated, quilted lining is buttoned. Both pieces can be worn on their own or buttoned together for those rare blizzards that blow through north Alabama.

Even though Lola is a month shy of being 18 months old, I went ahead and purchased a size 24-month coat in the hope she can wear it next year as well. Although, judging from the reaction I got from her when I tried the coat on her as well as the hat and mittens that came with it, I don't think she cares to wear it this year much less next year.

"Okay, I'll go along with this for a minute, but I'd really rather be playing with this hanger."

"I am getting really upset because this danged coat is making it hard for me to get all the enjoyment possible out of this plastic hanger."

"Whew! Thank you for taking that coat off of me. Now I can concentrate on eating this tag. Hey, wait a minute ... what is this on my head? I want it off now."

"Alright, I got it off! Oh, it's a hat. I hate hats."

"I am so happy I am not wearing that hat anymore. Now I can return my focus to eating paper tags and terrorizing the cat with my plastic hanger."

"What are you doing? I told you I hate hats! Don't put it on me again! Please!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.