Friday, December 4, 2009

Where I can get a healthy and fruitful money tree?

It's that time of year again. If you think I am speaking of Christmas, then you would be partially right. For those who know me well, maybe you think I am referring to my December 16 birthday? Again, you would be kind of right.

The time of year to which I am referring is the time when my dear, precious husband says to me, "You better start dropping some hints if you want anything for your birthday and Christmas because you know I'm not any good at picking out things for you."

Romantic, ain't he?

To be fair, Jeff is wonderful in so many ways, but he is telling the God's honest truth when he says picking out presents is not his strong suit. I love the thrill of studying my loved ones to gauge their likes and dislikes and then going on the hunt for the gift I know they will love. Jeff would much rather, in the absence of a wish list from his recipient, stick with the tried and true flowers, stuffed animals, balloons, or gift certificates.

So, as I have in the past, I am again making out a list of things I'd like to have. This year, though, I am posting it here because I am less likely to lose it if I put it on my blog. Although, I am very organized in many areas of my life, I have never been able to keep of with lists scribbled on random slips of paper. Plus, he's much more likely to read it on here.

Items I would like to have that fall into the category of easy to locate and inexpensive include: a really cute purple cardigan and a pair of black boots both of which I found at Wal-Mart. Since I cannot find a photo on their site of either item, maybe a gift card for about $45 would suffice in this case because without photos and sizes to go by Jeff wouldn't likely make it out of the store with the exact items I am hoping to get.

Another potential gift that is easy to come by: Marc Jacobs newest perfume Lola. I've been wearing his scent called Daisy for almost a year and love it; but when I saw he'd named his latest perfume Lola, which happens to be the name of my youngest daughter, I knew I wanted to have some even if it smelled like a sewage lagoon because, after all, how many people can say their perfume is named after their kid? Thankfully, it smells delightful and the bottle is gorgeous. Sephora.com has plenty in stock as does the fragrance counter at our local Belk store

I have for years wanted a pair of real Birkenstock Boston leather shoes. I've been wearing a pair of cheap-o knockoffs, but they're beginning to hurt my feet. I've been assured by loyal Birkenstock wearers that this does not happen with a genuine pair of Bostons. One friend has owned the same pair for 15 years and swears they're just as comfy now as they were many moons ago.

I found some neat-o lap desks at Books-a-Million. I really like that they have cup holders and pen receptacles on them. Additionally, I am in need of another credit card and photo holder key chain because my current one is looking a little worse for wear. I noticed Books-a-Million has some of these in stock as does our local Wal-Mart.

I love, love, love Vanity Fair magazine so I wouldn't at all object to a subscription. The only problem is finding time to read each edition because their articles tend to be quite lengthy. I swear I am not lying when I say I have a copy from March the articles in which I've not yet finished.

I am really fired up about a new eyebrow filler kit from Clarins that's gotten rave reviews from testers. I have very sparse eyebrows from years of overplucking so I am always on the lookout for products that will help me look as though I have something between my eyes and hairline.

Gifts I would like to have if money grew on trees include: a spa day with my best girlfriend Hollie at the Westin Heavenly Spa at Bridgestreet Towne Centre in Huntsville, AL. Jeff and I went there for our anniversary so I can say with confidence that heavenly is an apt description for the experience of spending the day at this spa.

Additionally, I am in love with the Rolex Lady-DateJust Pearlmaster with yellow gold and diamonds. This watch is exquisite, and, by all accounts, would likely be the last watch I'd ever own because they stand the test of time so well. It would also be the last watch I'd ever strap on my wrist because for Jeff to drop almost seven grand on a timepiece I would have to wear it until my dying breath.

I am crazy about a pair of diamond hoop earrings I saw advertised in a Zales commercial. I love how they sparkle and the fact they're made of 10-karat gold, which is strong enough to withstand constant wear because I usually tend to wear my ear bobs 24/7.

Other items I would love to receive from my beloved were money no obstacle: a covered porch, my carport taken in to extend our living room and increase the size of my utility room; and a completely remodeled master bathroom with a jacuzzi tub and walk-in closet.

Whew! What a list! I feel terribly greedy and selfish, but at least I did as my sweetie asked and provided him with a list of things I want (as well as a few dreams just for fun).

Now, I am just going to sit back and wait to see what he decides to get. I'll post after Christmas what items he opted to buy, but in the meantime don't hold your breath waiting to hear if I get that watch because you'll likely pass out from oxygen deprivation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.