We have added a new member to our household. Janie Betta Fish came to live with us yesterday.
Amelia has been begging for a fish for over a year. Her yearnings began when she discovered a friend of hers had a goldfish just like Elmo's fish Dorothy.
I finally gave in to her requests and allowed her to bring home a fish from Petco. I let her choose one from the many Betta fish on display after reading that these make great first fish for kids.
Amelia had already decided if she got a boy he would be named Wally, but if she got a girl she would be Janie. After looking through the selection, she chose a bright blue female. We picked out a small purple tank that included food, plants, rocks and tank conditioner and I snatched a care sheet before checking out. I was careful to choose a tank that has a lid on it so Mojo, our cat, cannot get his paws the fish.
Amelia very carefully carried Janie to the car and gently placed her on the seat next to her. Janie made it home safe and sound. We placed her in the tank where she seems quite happy.
Amelia can't get enough of Janie. She spends lots of time watching her swim and talking to her. She even talked her daddy last night into carrying Janie into her room so she could sleep on the dresser.
I pray this works out. I know I'll be Janie's main caretaker so I am studying all the things I need to do to ensure she stays with us for a long time. I read online about one family who've had the same Betta for seven years. I hope we'll be so lucky.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.