Monday, March 2, 2009

Missing momma

Today is my momma's birthday. She would have been 67 years old had she lived to celebrate this day. She's been gone almost two years. I miss her terribly. If you still have a momma, give her a hug today and tell her how grateful you are to have her.

1964
Portrait by Leon Kennamer, age 22.


1978
With me at Panama City Beach, FL, age 36.


1983
age 41


2003
With sisters Teresa and Gayle at a Christmas party, age 61.



2006
Celebrating her last Christmas with Amelia, age 64.


"Have you called your momma today?
I sure wish I could call mine,"
Paul "Bear"
Bryant

2 comments:

  1. oh i ache like you when i'm thinking of my sweet daddy! i ate my self silly for almost 5 years i was so madd at everyone who still had thier daddy i was just madd, madd, MADD! no matter how madd i was my sweet daddy wasn't coming back & i just got in my head 1 day that he would be upset w/ me for being so bitter & i just sorta got up & "dusted myself off" & start everyday now w/ the thought of what would make my daddy proud of me! just keep in mind what a great mother & writer you are & how proud she would be of you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet post! Loved all the pictures! I'll say a prayer for you!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.