| I ran across this photo recently and roared with laughter as soon as I saw it as I expect you are right at this moment. That's me, the pudgy one on the right, next to my first cousin Dee Dee, who was apparently slimming down for a rib-counting contest. This photo was snapped at Six Flags over Georgia, which should be evident to anyone who ever went to this park during the '70's and 80's merely by the presence of the giant tissue-paper flowers festooned with nylon butterflies.What tickled me so much about this photo is the fact we're standing in the middle of this amusement park wearing only our socks. For the life of me, I cannot recall why we're not wearing shoes and why my momma, who was a notorious clean-freak, is not jumping up and down in the background waving a pair of shoes and demanding I put them on. Additionally, have you noticed our tops? I know you must be saying, "What tops?". By tops, I mean those tiny slivers of fabric wrapped around our chests. We obviously thought these outfits were perfectly suitable, but hindsight always being quite clear tells us we were wrong. Dee Dee's midriff should have been covered so as to keep folks from flinging food at her with the hopes she'd eat it and not wither away before their eyes. I, on the other hand, needed mine covered so folks wouldn't assume I was a very young mother-to-be. How in the world these outfits passed muster with our moms is a mystery. How we ever became fashion-conscious adults after being seen in public in these get-ups is a miracle! |
|
|
|
|
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.