Almost two weeks ago Lola gave Jeff and I a bog scare when she fell while running from me, tripped on a chair leg and face-planted right smack onto the top of her table. I thought for sure she'd need stitches since there appeared to be a gaping hole inside her lip and there was copious amounts of blood flowing from her mouth.
We rushed her to the pediatrician's office, and after the examination filled with much protesting from Lola, Dr. Packard announced stitches would not be necessary. Thank goodness! We brought her home with the advice to ply her with lots 'o cold food and drink to help reduce the swelling.
She handled this mishap rather well and told anyone who noticed her fat lip that she had a "very bad boo boo." I joked she was attempting to emulate Angelina Jolie since it looked as though she'd had collagen injections in her lips.
Miss Thang is doing a-okay now and seems no worse for wear. However, she didn't learn her lesson about not running from me when she doesn't want to do what I am asking of her. I've got to try to break her of this bad habit or else the next collision with furniture (and I expect there'll be a next one) possibly won't have such a happy ending.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.