Monday, June 13, 2011

Look who's three today!

Lola is celebrating her third birthday today. She's going to have a photo session at the local photography studio to mark the occasion followed by a trip to the bakery to pick out a cake to enjoy after supper. Additionally, she will get to pick out a cake for her party that will be held at a local bounce house establishment on Sunday.

This little lady has brought so much joy to my life and has been an amazing addition to our family. I always knew I wanted more than one child and was hopeful I would be able to mother two girls. My wishes came true big time as I have been blessed with two precious lasses around whom my life revolves.

Lola is the child who completed my family unit and proved to me that I am stronger than I ever realized, more patient than I ever imagined I could be and a better mother than I thought I was. I am grateful every day for this precious miracle and so excited to see what the future holds for her and for us.

Now, please enjoy this pictorial trip down memory lane as I revisit Lola's past birthdays. Excuse me for a moment, though, while I first get a tissue as the girls' birthdays tend to make me a little weepy.


YUM! Enjoying chocolate cake for her second birthday.

Getting a big bite of cake on her first birthday. She's still a little swollen around her eyes and across her forehead because of the cranial surgery she had in April of 2009.

Welcome to the world little one! This is the first time I held my wee angel. I was thrilled to get my hands on her because I'd waited for what seemed like an eternity for Jeff to wheel her into my room from the nursery where she'd been taken after my c-section.

1 comment:

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.