Sunday, March 20, 2011

Introducing Melissa Alexandria

Our home has grown to include a new member: Melissa Alexandria, who is perched upon Amelia's lap in the above photo.

Melissa came to our family via our dear friends the McClendons who generously provided Amelia with a gift card to Build-A-Bear workshop for Christmas. Yes, I said Christmas. It's taken me almost three months to get Amelia to our nearest BAB, an oversight for which I've saddled myself with plenty of guilt.

Anyhoo, my little lady had never participated in the BAB experience before so she was over-the-moon excited to get to go. I honestly think she enjoyed the process of making the bear more than the bear itself. She's all about designing, but the finished project has sadly been increasingly ignored with each passing day - that is until bedtime when Amelia makes sure Melissa is snuggled up beside her.

Melissa's fur is covered in peace signs and her outfit bears (get it?) the mug of Selena Gomez, one of the stars of Disney channel's "Wizards of Waverly Place," which is one of our favorite shows. Amelia also talked me into having a sound button placed in her bear's hand, which when pressed plays, "Oh, Oh, Oh it's magic!"

Apparently we couldn't leave the store until Melissa was sufficiently accessorized so I agreed to allow Amelia to pick out shoes and hair bows for her creation. I never dreamed I would one day buy blue heels for a stuffed animal, but I did and subsequently threatened to rain down lots of woe upon Amelia if those shoes got lost.

Although I am so happy to have been able to make this happen for Amelia and thrilled that she's been taking care of her (expensive) new toy; I think I am most proud of being able to spend an enjoyable afternoon with my little girl - although she would say the part where I made her try on a heap of clothes was not enjoyable at all.

When I think back on the things I remember most about my momma, it's the time she gave to me that means the most. Getting to be with her and learn from her are some of my most precious memories. I hope I can provide the same kind of memories for my little ladies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.