Lola has become so enamored with shoes lately - a trait she gets from me because, if I had the closet space in which to store it, I would have quite the collection of footwear.
Most days when I get her dressed she requests I put a pair of shoes on her. She cares not that we may not even leave the house or that she will likely discard this pair for another one quite quickly. All that matters is that she get to wear shoes.
This little missy, who will likely soon be asking for a subscription to Vogue if she continues to show such interest in fashion, isn't picky as to whether her shoes fit well because she loves trying to wear shoes belonging to each member of the family.
Here she is modeling my New Balance tennis shoes while showing off the inflatable beach ball she snagged after a program at the local public library.
Later that same day she ditched my shoes in order to slip on a pair of hand-me-down rainboots that are two sizes too big.
She refused to look at the camera because she was too interested in the air conditioner return on the ceiling.
Those rainboots, which were also a favorite for Amelia when she was younger, are a staple in Lola's wardrobe. she feels comfortable wearing them for day or night as evidenced by this shot of her sporting them with a nightgown.
Grandmaw was quite impressed with this ensemble. She felt the boots complimented the nightgown so well that they could have passed for a matched set.
In recent weeks Lola has developed a deep and abiding love for Amelia's pair of Twinkle Toes high-top sneakers by Skechers that light up when you walk in them. Anytime Amelia leaves these shoes where Lola can get ahold of them, Lola makes a beeline for them, slips them on her feet and has a ball stomping around to make them light up.
Sadly, Amelia also lovvvvves these shoes so it's unlikely they will hold up well enough to be passed on to Lola. Looks as though I may have to break down and buy her her own pair; although, I am hesitant because I worry she won't love them if she doesn't have to covet them.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.