Friday, August 13, 2010

I see a library card in her future

 I "caught" Lola looking at a book the other day when she didn't know I was watching her. She looks so sweet sitting there reading like a big girl!

Lola has been fired up about books recently. The fact her daddy has begun reading to her every night while I read to Amelia has certainly stoked this fire. Additionally, I, along with Jeff, when he could make it, took the girls to the local library for the summer reading program. Both girls loved the program and were excited to check out books each time we went. 

Now that Amelia is back in school, she gets to go with her class to the library once a week. Since Lola is showing so much interest in books, I intend to take her to the public library every couple of weeks. I want to make sure to do my part to increase her love of reading.

It thrills me to know my girls love books, and I have told them that books are the one item I will never refuse to buy for them. However, if they love reading as much as Jeff and I do, we may very well go broke indulging them in their desire for books.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.