Saturday, May 29, 2010

The graduate

Amelia graduated kindergarten on Thursday. I thought I would be a mushy, crying mess, but I held it together very well. My sweet girl had a speaking part in the program and aced it. She also earned a certificate for making "A" honor roll all year and won a free ticket to Six Flags for having read so many books this year. 

I am so proud of her and am amazed at how much she has grown physically, academically and socially this year. We feel fortunate that Amelia will be attending this school until sixth grade because she loves it so much and because the teachers, administrators, staff and students are all fabulous. 

We are also very excited at the news that the gymnasium, where the end-of-the-year programs are held, will be air-conditioned by this time next year because we all just nearly melted while sitting through the festivities on Thursday.

 Our brand-new first grader!

 Amelia with her teacher Ms. Callahan, who, I think, is the best kindergarten teacher ever. Amelia is holding the autograph dog we got her for graduation. She had almost all her classmates and her teacher sign it. I feel confident she will be very proud to have this memento in years to come.
  The class of 2022!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.