Amelia recently wrote and illustrated her very own book. Her sweet teacher, Mrs. Shara Callahan, sent home a paperback book she found while cleaning up her classroom that she thought Amelia would love to have.
Although Mrs. Callahan said Amelia could work on this at her leisure and it was not an assignment but rather a fun project, my little student immediately put pencil to paper and set about creating a book in which she penned two stories: one about riding a bicycle up a hill and another about learning her alphabet.
I would love to show you excepts from her masterpiece, but Amelia opted to give it to her teacher rather than keeping it at home. I have to admit I was immensely disappointed she gave it away. After all, I am a writer, I even I have degree and clips to prove it. So I really wanted to put her book away for posterity.
However, Amelia's love for her teacher won out and now Mrs. Callahan will be the keeper of her first "published" work. I can't be too upset, though, because Mrs. Callahan truly loved Amelia's gift and promised in her thank you note to cherish it forever.
While I can't share the book itself with you, I did have the foresight to snap a few photos of Amelia while she was working on it. Check them out:
Every good author needs a well-sharpened pencil.
"Hurry up, momma! I need to get back to work."
Just look at that concentration.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.