Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter 2010

Our Easter weekend was chock full of activities all of which kept me, Jeff and the girls on the go for most of the last two days.

Amelia was out of school for Good Friday and Jeff was off of work so we had the luxury of a three-day weekend. Jeff and Amelia took off to Grandmaw's that morning to procure plants and trees for our yard, but Lola and I stayed home and took it easy. I was trying to rest seeing as how I was battling a kidney infection that just about whooped my butt. 

Taking the time to relax and let my meds do their job proved to be a good thing because I was feeling better by Saturday morning when I took the girls to our friends' church to hunt eggs, eat some yummy food, hobnob with the Easter Bunny and his wife and listen to a lesson about the true meaning of Easter.

 Amelia, who felt her outfit was not complete without the ears, and her best buddy Duece.
Amelia was ever-so-excited to see the Easter Bunny. I had to make her get off of his lap so other kids could have their photos made with him.
I had been concerned Lola would be frightened by the giant bunny, but she, brave girl that she is, sauntered right up to him, hopped on his lap and posed for a picture. She ain't skeered!
After the morning full of fun, we came home so Lola could get a nap and so Amelia and I could get ready to attend a friend's birthday party that afternoon. Of course my little fashionista had to change out of her egg-hunting attire and into a dress for the party because, as she explained to me, "this is a birthday party momma not an Easter party." 

Neither Amelia nor Lola put up much of a fight that night when it was time to go to bed. Both girls had expended all their energy and were in need of a recharge. 

Apparently the Easter Bunny thinks highly of both my girls because he left them heaps of candy and goodies. They got up Sunday morning and were so happy to discover
the bounty that awaited them. 

Wow, what a haul! Trust me, she will be eating chocolate until Memorial Day. Thank you Easter Bunny!
Lola was slow to dig into her basket, but once she got started she had it emptied in no time.
 Lola particularly liked the turtle she found in her basket, and Amelia was thrilled to have received a monkey that she can blow up like a balloon. Each girl enjoyed a breakfast consisting of large quantities of chocolate after which we got them dressed and packed up to go to Jeff's parents' house for our traditional Easter dinner.

 Amelia is extremely fond of this toy because when she lets the air out it sounds as though it is suffering from the world's worst case of flatulence. She lets loose with about a million giggles every time this happens. What can I say? My kid is easily amused.

Amelia was beyond excited to give her cousins the Easter eggs she had dyed and decorated just for them. She loved that they were so appreciative of her work, but was perplexed when Carson opted to eat his rather than keep it forever. I am still trying to convince her that these eggs cannot be used from year to year like her plastic ones.
After about 16 egg hunts, the kids decided to ride their grandparents' Gator in the pasture while the grown-ups sat on the back porch enjoying the beautiful weather. It was during this time I realized Lola had reached her limit of fun and was in serious need of a nap. She protested my decision mightily, but, eventually, gave up the fight and took a brief snooze in the porch swing.


She was just too tired to keep fighting, but not so tired that she was going to sleep more than about 20 minutes. Once her eyes popped open she was up and ready to go again. As far as she was concerned, there was just too much fun to be had to waste any time catching some zzzz's.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.