Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Accessories du jour

For the longest Lola has avoided wearing anything on her head. She has rejected hats, hoods, bows, and all other manner of head wear. 

I have been diligently trying to get her to accept a bow, mostly for my own selfish reasons: I think they're cute as a bug and when she wears one people don't refer to her a "him." 

In recent weeks she has let me sneak a bow in her hair a few times. Such was the case today, and she actually left it alone for a few seconds. Since it's such a rare occurrence for her to be seen with hair accouterments,  I thought I'd better snap some photographic proof.

 
Isn't she a doll! I love seeing her with a bow. She, on the other hand, jerked this one out of her hair within seconds of me taking this photo. 
While Lola's disdain for bows may never be overcome. She has taken a liking to headbands and toy crowns. She decided this morning that breakfast couldn't take place until she had placed her "Sleeping Beauty" crown atop her pretty little head. 

 
 I have to say her majesty looks positively radiant whilst gobbling up cottage cheese and chicken strips.  

I must also mention that she has finally mastered getting the tiara on top of her head and has stopped trying to wear it as if it was a pair of sunglasses. Her attempts to wear it in such a way resulted in many close calls when she tried to walk around the house. 

She suffered a few knots to her noggin before discovering there is a better, more royal, way to wear a crown.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.