Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Inside-out Day


Amelia's school, in recognition of Red Ribbon Week, invited all students to wear their clothes inside-out today to show they support the fight against illicit drugs. I don't know that Amelia grasped the whole concept of fighting the good fight against drugs, but she sure was excited to get to go to school looking silly with her clothes on the wrong way.

She did express some concern, though, when she asked, "But momma, what if I get embarrassed?" I assured her that she had no reason to be embarrassed because a lot of other kids would be dressed just like her.

She accepted my answer, but still seemed unsure about the whole situation. However, all her fears were washed away when we got to school and she saw that I was in fact correct.

As I dropped her off at the back door, she excitedly exclaimed, "Look momma, they look silly too!" I knew then she would be fine with the way she was dressed.

Now, if she can just manage to zip her pants while wearing them inside-out, then this silly day will have been a huge success.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.