
My car is now sporting some unusual accessories - two Wal-Mart bags tied over each side mirror. The reason I have begun adorning my vehicle with these is because a mockingbird, who has been residing at our home off and on for over a year, enjoys looking at himself in the mirrors a little too much.
The bird, who I've named Narcissus after the character of Greek mythology who became entranced with his own reflection, spends a lot of time staring at himself in the mirrors. Apparently what he sees in the mirror is so exciting that it causes him to poop - all over the doors of our vehicles.
The aftermath of his poop party is disgusting and embarrassing. It's so embarrassing to be all dressed up to go somewhere only to be greeted by a revolting mess as you go to get in the car. I don't want to hurt the bird or run him off because with the exception of the messes he makes I like having him around.
My mother-in-law suggested putting the bags on our mirrors to deter him. So far it's worked. I mentioned hanging up a mirror just for Narcissus to enjoy, but my husband, Jeff, seems to think he wouldn't go for that.
Now, I just have to remember to remove the bags each time I plan to go somewhere so I don't drive down the road with my mirror cozies in place. That would be much more embarrassing than a poop-streaked door.
It was so nice to run into you and Lola at the Harvest Festival today and I'll always think of you whenever I break out my new dragon plates!
ReplyDelete