Sunday, September 22, 2013

I am tired

I am tired of being the only person in my house who cares whether the floors are dirty.

I am tired of telling people to put their shoes where they belong.

I am tired of being afraid to ask for help.

I am tired of having to search throughout the house for dirty clothes before starting a load of laundry.

I am tired of being the only person who can tell if the dishes in the dishwasher are clean or dirty.

I am tired of being the only person who cares if things are picked up and put in their place.

I am tired of being the only person who knows where things belong.

I am tired of asking people do things only to have my requests ignored.

I am tired of my daughters seeing their father drink too much alcohol on Friday and Saturday nights.

I am tired of being told "that's your job" when I ask someone to help me out by putting away folded clothes or straightening a stack of washcloths.

I am tired of not leaving my house because I feel like there's too much I should be doing here.

I am tired of not knowing the non-sexual touch of another person.

I am tired of being strong.

I am tired of being in charge.

I am tired of failing to undertake jobs I know need to be done simply because I don't think anyone cares.

I am tired of not taking time to read my magazines.

I am tired of not making time for books.

I am tired of wishing for bedtime when I can return to sleep where I don't have to think about how tired I am.

I am tired of being comfortable with the choices I have made and simultaneously wishing I hadn't made them.

I am tired of feeling unappreciated.

I am tired of feeling anxious.

I am tired of wishing things were different.

I am tired of trying to change the way things are.

I am tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.